We have implemented (but not yet released) a change in the library responsible for the call files. Until now all call-files have been saved directly within the directory calls/. The number of files within this directory can grow quickly up to 30.000 or more which could have some performance-issues with the filesystem itself. So we decided to create a directory per host beneath calls/.

Until today we did not receive any report about such an issue but we think that the next major release is a good moment for such pro-active measures.

As a user you won’t recognize that at all – the plugins will create and cleanup the call-files seamlessly. The only change may be a slightly improved performance.

This change will be part of the next testing-release which we will distribute to interested customers.